17.6.13

Not Entirely in Medias Res

This is not entirely unlike the first, crisp blank page of a new notebook, when you are filled with the excitement of the possibilities and the slight trepidation of what the first words to fill those pages should be. I've been very tempted to start this in medias res but I think that it is (strangely?) deserving of some kind of an attempt at an introduction - unbearable as it may be.

It has been a long time that I have been thinking about jotting down these first words and in the meantime, in my head, I have probably come up with paragraph after paragraph of zesty, interesting commentary while chopping, grating, and ladling. A mountain of pictures has slowly built up, season after season, while my hesitation has kept me from sharing them. Blogging has always seemed a rather self-important occupation to me, even when just practiced in one's spare time. Nevertheless, I suppose that the same way I take pleasure in sharing meals and drinks with my friends and family I will enjoy sharing this with you, and much in the same way that I cook as much for myself as for my "audience" I write this as much for myself as I do for you...


No comments:

Post a Comment